Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whatever it takes

"Already doing all I can," Barb wrote in her sms. "Working 2 jobs and business ventures."

We all have periods in our lives when our problems seem insurmountable. The challenge is keeping our energy positive and relentlessly looking for ways to pull it out.

Many people I know give up too early in the fight. Our biggest challenge is to overcome self-defeating thoughts, and to keep going.

I was in that position a few times over. I burnt the midnight oil. I worked weekends. I took on a second and third job. I got there early. I stayed late. I got back to school. I changed my lifestyle. Most people who claim they couldn't reach their goals are people who, in truth, weren't willing to do whatever it took to do it.

Understand this as I had understood it: You are always more powerful than the circumstances that surround you as long as you do not accept momentary defeats, hard times, or losses as permanent conditions.
A reminder of "whatever it takes"

No comments: