Sunday, March 15, 2009

Romance in action

"What's the most romantic thing your husband or boyfriend has ever done for you?" I was privileged to be seated amongst a group of 5 female friends when they were discussing that question.

What follows are the best of the many responses I heard - a long list of winners in the triathlon of love.

I concluded that a dozen red roses certainly have their place in the pantheon of romance. But the trouble is, they're so ......predictable.

"My friend's boyfriend proposed from inside the aquarium in Sentosa's Underwater World while she walked past outside"

"I love the little things in life."

"Real romance is all about listening and hearing what I say."

"One night I mentioned thta potatoes are my very favourite food. The next day, he came home with a present in a little bag: a raw potato. When he saw my puzzled look, he reminded me of what I'd said the night before, adding that he wanted to bring me something that he knew I would really love."

Wow.

No comments: