Saturday, March 21, 2009

Motivating the motivator

"I am also an employee like you, I have a boss to report to," Frankie told his sales executives. " Even though I represent higher management."

As a Sales & Marketing Director, I am the man in the middle - I represent my firm's policy to my sales team, but I am also their advocate to upper management who makes the company policy. Who represents me to both sets of constituents? Nobody. For better or worse, I am strictly on my own.

My team's success is my success. Managers don't win football matches, players do. When a team is on a losing streak, however, it's the manager who is replaced, not the players. The same is also true in the sales line.

Leadership is not for everyone; few aspire to it or achieve it.

I rely on my own inner strength and ambition.
From left: Jiaye, Stephie, Sarene

No comments: