Saturday, March 7, 2009

We have less than 30-second

"I met Paul last Friday," Ibu Hanna said to her boss Pak Toto. "And we could click right away."

We know how quickly we judge others. I also appreciate that I am subjected to the same sizing-up every time I meet someone.

A survey by Professor Albert Mehrabian showed that - like it or not - 93% of how we come across initially has nothing to do with substance.

I think about the last drinks session or trade show night event I attended where I didn't know many people. I started chatting but really didn't remember a lot, to begin with, about what was said. Names flew around, I caught some business links but really not much in detail.

When surfing the net, ads try to grab us quickly or it's click....we're out of there - our time, attention and money spent on something else. Just like the the Net, we don't get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

No comments: