Friday, July 31, 2009

F/U's (follow-ups)

"I will send you the information about Epicure," Matthew said convincingly. That was two weeks ago. I have received nothing todate.

I just completed the Penang leg of the STB Product Update Roadshow in Malaysia. The networking sessions yielded a lot of enquiries and some leads and potential which I have to follow-through next week.

One of the deadly sins of networking is not following through on what we promise to do. Have you ever been exchanging ideas or leads with a fellow networker who has said, "I'll send you that information right away?" After a couple of days, though, the information doesn't arrive. A week later, you still haven't received the information, or even a call from that person.

How does that make you feel about that person?
How do you rate them for dependability?
How much do you trust their word?

I have built credible and trustworthy relationships through following up on promises.

No comments: