Friday, July 17, 2009

Embrace e-business or get left behind

"Now you decide how much to pay for a golf game," the headlines on the e-flyer read. "Launching the world's first open tee time bidding system for golf courses in Asia."

Today, there is "eBay-ization" everywhere in the e-marketplace. Where eBay has been the leader in the online auctions for the consumer market, with millions of buyers and sellers, other product-specific players are hopping onto the bandwagon.

My view is simple. It's e-business or out of business.

So one of the key things I do is to use passive media to attract attention and entice traffic to our Website. I choose to spend marketing dollars on ways to reach prospects at home and at work. I don't need to use methods that reach millions of people, just ones that reach my particular list of prospects.

No comments: