Saturday, July 11, 2009

Improving the quality of working relationships

In a Voice of the Staff survey conducted amongst all the members of my team, here are a couple of scores:
"Our Department work well together" Score 4.0 out of 5.0
"My immediate supervisor encourages me to work cooperatively with other departments" Score 4.4 out of 5.0

If a working relationship is not working and is getting in the way of performance, as a result-oriented leader, I would respond to the situation as I would any other performance-related problem - analyse the situation, identify the problem, select an appropriate course of action and implement the change.

Time alone will not heal or fix problems that prevent people from working together. Improving working relationships is not a warm, fuzzy thing.

I have strengthened and improved many working relationships by communicating better, offering more feedback, taking a more personal interest in people and keeping my part of every bargain (and my word)
from left: Eric, Alvin, Francis

No comments: