Friday, May 1, 2009

Having it all

"I recently had a medical check up and my doctor told me to balance my diet to control my blood pressure and cholesterol," Andy said, overhelmed. "My boss tells me that we are way under budget. I'm running here and there, like a duck swimming upstream. Calm on the outside but paddling frantically under the surface to stay afloat."

Many of us are out of balance with our professional and personal lives.

Let's face it, most companies rarely tell people to go home if they are willing to work into the night and get up and do the same thing tomorrow. So our personal lives frequently have to compete for what is left over when the work is done with us (both physically and emotionally)

I have realised that if I am truly interested in long-term success in every areas of my life, I must maintain the balance.

No comments: