Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cocoon your customers

"Retain 95% of key accounts," Erhard insisted that to be the main objective
I learned from Sheraton to brickwall my existing customers - shielding them from the competition and making them feel warm and fuzzy. Aggressive Directors of Sales & Marketing not only brickwall our own customers, we also un-brickwall our competition's.

The key to liberating my competition's customers which has worked for me is patience: don't try to create immediate and permanent shift.

I find many times that the 1st step is to catalyze a change in consumer habits via a trial usage. Familiarisation trips and site inspections are great selling moments which often are taken for granted.

I always try to get close to my customer that my competition doesn't have an opening
.
from left: Theresa and Darren

No comments: