Friday, April 3, 2009

The dreaded "D" word

"Our divorce proceedings are almost finalised," Christina said sombrely. "The kids will live with me."

The way I see it, the real victims of divorce in many cases are the children.Social scientists conclusion: "Most of them will be on a downward course."

This is not to imply that kids with only one parent can't make it. I know a few friends who were raised by only one parent who have done extremely well.

The reasons of divorce amongst the circle of acquantiances I personally know are adultery, absence and/or abuse.

An anonymous author contributed this thought: Every husband and wife should remember that you go into marriage with your eyes wide open, but you'll stay in the marriage only if they keep them half shut.

Here's the lighter side of breaking up. Enjoy!

Definition of Divorce: The future tense of marriage.
~~~~~
"Yeah, my husband and I just split up. I finally faced the fact that we're incompatible. I'm a Virgo and he's an asshole."
~~~~~
My husband and I divorced over religious differences.He thought he was God, and I didn't.

No comments: