Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fast forward

"I am expecting a salary range of not less than $7,500," Ronda indicated in her application.

I remember my 1st pay packet. I remember the special thrill of getting it. I remember how much it was. RM350.

In those days, there were folks I know who were referred to as those "earning a 4-figure income." That was a big sum. They were looked upon with awe and a little envy.

Today, fresh graduates start with a 4-figure income.

A mindset I embraced throughout all these years was: how wonderful one day if my annual income became my monthly income. And how even better if my annual income could become my daily income.

There is a quotation that kept me going all these years: "Don't wish for life to become easier; pray to be stronger!" When life is tough, we ought to be tougher.

No comments: