Friday, May 15, 2009

Falling in love.....with customers

"I have stones in my urinal tract," Steve moaned. "Again." My heart sank and was filled with great sadness because I knew the sufferings he went through last year.

As a professional, I believe passionately in my product and company. What's more, I fall in love with my customers. By falling in love with my customers, I mean that I take responsibility for their well-being. Putting their interests ahead of my own.

Most people in sales think, "What do I have to say to get people to buy?" Instead I say,"What do I give? What value do I render?"

It has nothing to do with sales shenanigans or schemes. I was raised on the belief that the more value I give others, the more value I generate. The more contributions I make to the richness of the lives of my customers, the more bonded I will be with them and they to me. And the more successful I will become.

I realise that these people are all my friends. Trusted and trusting friends. I've built a deep connection with them. I always try to find something about them that I can get even more enthusiastic and exceited about. and it makes a dramatic difference in the way they respond to me.


from left: Eng Loo, Yvonne, Maureen

No comments: