Saturday, May 30, 2009

Master of my own destiny

"I will go to consult the fortune teller," El said.
"I don't believe in fortune tellers," Jen, her twin sister retorted.

I believe I have considerable influence over the outcomes of my life. The way I see it, successful people are not just lucky but have planned, designed and worked extremely hard for their place in the world.

I am convinced that if I can clearly visualise what it is I want and believe that I have the capability of achieving it, and if I am willing to invest both the necessary time and mental and physical energy in getting it, then I can have it.

I have been wonderfully surprised by how some goals have been attained sooner then expected, but I am also flexible enough not to give up on those that, for unforeseen circumstances, take longer.

No comments: