Saturday, October 25, 2008

The world is round and God is great

"Sir, I am an insignificant Indian who took ur number." The sms came from my humourous friend, Emmanuel last evening.

With 6.6 billion inhabitants already in the world, it is easy to feel insignificant among the multitudes. The most important thought I hold is: My life matters

As I have revealed in earlier postings, I have been down many roads looking for happiness. I love to go to church where the priest is inspiring. I love to be with friends who accept, encourage and listen to me. I love to shop in stores where I feel welcome. I love to go to musicals where the music lift my spirits and move my soul.
I notice this common trait amongst successful people: they are in love with life. Their accomplishments, their successes, are rooted in their desire to grow and contribute.

Each of us will define and measure success differently. Some place more emphasis on the economic scorecard. No matter what our choice, I have long since understood that my rewards in life will be in direct proportion to the contribution I make. I try to be mentor and coach to my team and others in my life.

The greatest is he who serves. You get what you want when you help others get what they want.

No comments: