Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The warrior succeeds...in battlefield and corporate world

One of the pastime games my boy and I play is shoot-down-the-enemy-commando-figurine with rubber bands.

From the time I was a boy, I was intrigued by war, through the games I play, movies I watch and my beloved heroes. Growing up, I realise that the qualities that make great commanders and armies are equally helpful when facing the challenges and struggles of daily life.

Courage, self-discipline and sacrifice are as necessary in building relationships as they are in waging battle.

The warrior spirit is not easy to quantify on a spreadsheet, but nonetheless have great importance. It is about character. Unlike technologies or management theories, character is enduring.

I have chosen the way of the warrior. It has helped me in a life of accomplishment.

From right: James, Vincent, Jessica, Pauline, Lewis

No comments: