Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Audience focused presentation slides

"Can you see the blackboard clearly in class?" ACE's granny asked him on Chinese New year eve. "What blackboard?" ACE shot back.

As I write this I am in my mid-forties. When I went to school we used a blackboard and chalk. When I started work we had an overhead projector and transparencies. Now the laptop and LCD projector, fired up with Microsoft PowerPoint provides everyone with splendid tools for presentation.

In my experience, the majority of people today still make a pretty poor job at presenting. They proudly show a seemingly endless parade of small text zipping onto the screen, usually displaying exactly the samewords as are then read out. Insulting or what?

To me, in addition to these powerpoint slides helping the presenter stay on track, it should have images that engage the audience.

No comments: