Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lessons I've learned

"It's like a little kid gets a puppy for the 1st time, just hugs it so much, snap it's neck. It's puppy cradle death syndrome. All that love is gonna snap the puppy." This was a memorable quote from the movie "Couples Retreat".

I have seen people at their absolute worst. In all honesty, I, too, have made my share of mistakes. These are some lessons I have learned in my journey: separation never bring people closer together, silence at the dinner table is never golden, giraffes should never marry elephants, certain subjects should forever be taboo, too much trust can spell trouble.

I don't have to tell you that the divorce rate is higher than it's ever been. With so many breakups and failed marriages, why are so many people still re-marrying and reading self-help books? In my opinion, it's because more and more people are returning to the basic formula for happiness: committed relationships.

No one wants to live alone for the rest of their lives, and those who say they do are lying.

No comments: