Thursday, December 31, 2009

Beginning is easy - continuing is hard

We touched down in Singapore from Tokyo this morning at 1.30am. A japanese proveb says, "Beginning is easy - continuing is hard"

Suppose that while talking to you, I began tapping the pencil upon a table. You'll notice it and perhaps consider it strange. But if I did it everyday, eventually you will not notice it. In order to bring to your attention, I would have to pound much harder on the table.

This, too, is how sensations and feelings wear thin. I was once told, during a Catholic Engagement Encounter seminar, that love is a 24 hour decision. It should not be based on feelings, beauty and emotions- all of these are not permanent possessions. If it was based wholly on feelings and emotions, then love dies when the emotion dies.

1 comment:

Anurag Arora said...

Certainly I agree with you Sir, but I am little confused about feelings and emotions . In my point of view Love is based upon emotions and feelings and if they change, love start losing its base.