Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Effective way to train

"I like your idea of using games to train my sales people,"E-Sun said enthusiastically. "Bearing the fact that I will have participants from India, Indonesia and China with different levels of English comprehension, I agree that it will be more effective in getting the mesage across."

I can safely say that if a facilitator maintains a playful, enthusiastic approach, he/she'll find that the participants too will feel comfortable and motivated to partake.

Whenever possible, I bring in some real-life examples of problems and situations I've observed at my workplace. This will help participants to transfer the learning to their on-the-job environment.

I always play the role of facilitator rather than teacher. The most effective learning comes when I guide the participants and they make the discovery.



1 comment:

Anurag Arora said...

Games create interst and often wins and losses are not forgotton. Absolutely It can be a very intelligent method to train if the game is made interesting .