Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MAS or MAD? Monetary Authority of Dad

I spent some time last Sunday playing Monopoly with my boy.

I, like most parents, want to program my offspring to surpass my own meagre accomplishments in life and to build large personal fortunes. I am pleased to report that ACE's interest in financial matters has ebbed and flowed over the years.

What my son knows about money, he learned from the board game: Monopoly.

He's understands, he can't get rich and win the game by just passing "GO". That's like getting a fixed salary every month. The key to wealth and win is to buy more green houses and when the time is right, turn them into red hotels (or condominium, apartments, etc)

For that, he has to study hard, get a good job, work for the money...and then make the money work for him.

No comments: