Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Childhood memories

"I woke up the Christmas morning when I was 6 and found a present on the head board of the bed," I related to my son. "Santa left that for you last night, my mum said."

These childhood memories of mine were't alway momentous happenings; they might even sound rather mundane to the outside world.

As a parent now, I have learned from these previous examples. They have inspired me to take time to enjoy my kid, to discover and put into practice simple rituals and traditions that will give him the message : you are a source of delight to your parents. You are fun to be with, interesting and lovable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And no amount of money in the bank is gonna be able to make up for the delight we draw when they give us that smile, or that hug or that kiss goodnight. Makes it all worthwhile ~ every pain, heartache, sweat and screws from the boss we take ~ we take it for them!