Thursday, November 27, 2008

Children are gifts from heaven

"Soon it will be Christmas day....." the song filled the hall.

Our Christmas decorating began modestly last Sunday with the setting up of our Christmas tree. We have enough Christmas lights to illuminate an airport runway. With the enthusiastic help of my boy, I began hanging several miles (I am exaggerating of course) of lights.

While doing it, I thought of my childhood Christmases. Many parents I know, speak about the "good old days" when it was easier to raise children. Personally, I think parental concerns of 8 BC. are the same concerns parents are expressing in 2008. We all want our kids to grow up safe and happy, and we wish the task were easier than it is today.

Kids, they can be funny, endearing and lovable - and truly feel like a gift.

They can be exhausting, maddening and irritating - but they are still a gift.

No comments: