Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dynamic living

"My dream is to work in a fashion-related industry," Jasmine sighed. "I know I can thrive in it."

We all have our own unique goals and dreams. Perhaps one of the most outrageous dreamers of modern times is the great Nelson Mandela, the living legend who faced down incredible resistance and even the threat of death to become the 1st elected black leader of South Africa.

To fulfill our lives, we should follow the model of Nelson Mandela, committed to our values. There will always be defeats and failures. There will always be temptations to give up. Some people give up out of fear, some out of laziness. Some of us give up to remain in our comfort zone. Others give up their principles in order to move ahead. The price of giving up is always too high.

I always make a vow to go after what I want in life. Then I get on the roof and kick the ladder away and get to it.

No comments: