Tuesday, June 23, 2009

They grow. They sure grow.

Last Sunday ACE gave me a powerpoint and youtube presentation which he laboured on as a Father's Day tribute.

I recall the day not so long ago, I was chasing him around a field and for the 1st time in my life I was actually labouring to catch him - and I realised that my "little boy" was not so little anymore.

Papa is the strongest person in the world. Papa is the fastest runner. Papa is simply the best at everything.

Kids really believe that. We know it isn't true.

And then they grow. In stature. In wisdom. In their perception of reality.

I was embarrased the day I couldn't help ACE with one of his science question. But I was so very proud of him. And today I delight in bragging to his grandparents about just how sharp he is in science and maths.

But, of course, he still needs me to critique his English compositions.

Kids. They may be younger and smarter and better looking than us, but that doesn't mean we can't still teach them a thing or two.

No comments: