Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mum the CCO

"Dad is a man of few words. Mom will go on forever," the daughter Cicily commented on An American Love Story

In many families, mother is the CCO (Chief Communications Officer). All information passes through her.

A survey amongst a large class of college students revealed that when they call home, the vast majority of them talk to their mothers.

I recall my dad was always away at work during my childhood days. Many people recall their fathers as absent too. Even if they are physically present, fathers are always remembered as silent.

Nowadays when I call, dad quickly passes the phone to my mother. But dad will talk at length if I happen to call when my mother is not at home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah it's the same here.. except that with Dad now on Facebook - changes slightly!