Friday, June 26, 2009

I won't ever "completely" retire

Michael Jackson: Superstar Died Too Soon. That was the headlines on Yahoo this morning.

I have decided that I will not be an "old man". I plan to live to 90 and die young. I am always going to be open to life and keep on learning something new, so when I finally die, I might be an educated man with some wisdom. I'm in my middle years and I'm using the time to get some growth goals for the rest of my life.

Old people are discovering the rich untapped talent and potential in themselves. They are setting new goals. Remember, if you believe you are through at 62, then you are through. That became your goal.

I doubt if I will ever completely retire. I wonder how these words of mine will sound to me 20 years from now. I promise I will try to listen to my own advise. I don't like the thought or picture of my being in a nursing home.

No comments: