Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Replenish what is depleted.

"When we quarrel, my wife becomes historical," Moreno said in his Latin accent.
"Hysterical, you mean?" I asked.
"No," he replied. "I mean historical. She reminds me of everything I ever did to her."

A recent survey indicated that 80% of people over 18 choose a "happy family life" as their #1 goal. A happy family life was chosen over a fulfilling career , or making money.

Couples tend to get used to anything over time. The newness and excitement die down and subsides somewhat. Somehow I believe the love is not lost, the fountain hasn't dried up. We have ceased to tap it, that's all.

This is true not only of a relationship, but of life itself. Everything about living can begin to pall unless we replenish what is depleted.

No comments: