Friday, December 12, 2008

Carry some pixie dust around

Tigger with wings and a star and Mickey in a glass ball are perched high on top of my Christmas tree.

Since my toddler days, watching Mickey Mouse on TV; to my young adult days, emerging from The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror; to my parenthood days, seeing my kid's excitement on Buzz Lightyear's Astro blaster - each is a magical moment.

Walt Disney's fundamentals for success still ring true. Build the best product. Give people effective training to support the service delivery. Learn from experiences. Celebrate success. Never stop growing. Never stop believing.

Chances are good that you, like me, are not working in a theme park like Disneyland. But if you are working in sales and marketing like me, here's a fact: superlative interpersonal service is crucial.

It means paying close attention to every aspect of your customer contact. It means analyzing from the other person's perspective, understanding their needs.

1 comment:

shariel said...

So true! I love Walt Disney's characters ....