Saturday, December 20, 2008

Back to basics

"After my 7th friend supported me and bought my product," Charles recalled, "the going got very tough after that."

In a recent survey amongst outstanding salespeople, there wasn't even 1% who was able to identify the real reason for his/her success. Usually, in trying to pin down the essential ingredients, they talked about luck, connection or hard work.

As a sales leader with over 20 years of battlefield experience, I'd say that relying on luck, connection or hard work isn't a reliable tool in a world that's riddled with change and as competitive as what it is today.

I'd say that success in sales depends on a clearly defined, professional sales methodology - knowing what you are doing and why.
With Salleh on a lunch cruise down Sydney harbour in the course of duty

No comments: