Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The good news of the generations

"I am doing a program for Generation Y," Kraft revealed while appreciating the lobster bisque. "I have done a lot lately of research on Gen Y and I am pleasantly surprised with what I found."

Despite all that's been written and discussed about the clash of the generations, I see signs of growing respect between the baby boomers and Gen X and Y. With the growth of technology's role in the workplace, older managers should, I feel, respect the skills of the younger people they work with.

As a leader, I believe that collaboration between the generation is key to success, because we need to use each other's skills and behaviour to get further than we could on our own.

I know this, after all, I am Gen Y trapped in a baby boomers body.
From right: Let and Rae

No comments: