Friday, September 19, 2008

Yesterday's Best is Today's Minimum requirement

Kaizen.

That's what the Japanese call the process of continuous improvement. It doesn't matter what you call it, as long as you do it. Getting better - continuously - is absolutely necessary if you're going to survive.

I always set high standards for myself and contantly exceed them.

I have to do these sorts of things to stay ahead. It's just like sports. Premiership winners that stand still rarely repeat for a second, third or fourth year.

So I set high goals and keep raising them once they're achieved. If I don't, someone will blow right by me while I'm telling myself what a great job I have done. But realistically, I know I can't make huge changes overnight. I make small improvements, but I make them continuously. The process never ends. While I do celebrate success, I don't celerate for too long.

Good enough never is.

My boss, Mr Ramey accepting an award for the "hotel with the best revenue growth"

No comments: