Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What goes around, comes around

Jim Cheah Vice president & Senior Country Manager, Malaysia & Brunei - Mastercard International
Steve Ong CEO - ING Funds
Christo Diamandopoulos Development Manager, Limitless LLC
Jeffrey Gan, Ron Drake, Zain Puteh

Just to name a handful of the mentors I was fortunate to have in my career spanning 22 years. I wouldn't be where I am today, without them. Nowadays I mentor others. The world is round and God is great.

Here's the good news: successful people enjoy being mentors. We seek out students. We love to help them.

Why?

Because we feel good to share just how we got to where we are, and even to be able to give the student a boost. We mentors want to be remembered fondly by those who follow our advice and go on to be successful themselves.

Furthermore, it boosts our egos and allow us to share and teach, which is what I love to do. And when they go on to achieve big things and become successful, it gives me great pride to know I had a hand in their success.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aye! Aye! You can say that again! Nothing beats the sheer exhilaration in seeing another succeed or do well, especially when you know it was from something you said or did!

Here's to many more years of wisdom from you Paulus!