Friday, August 29, 2008

Don't ever give up

"I am on the verge of giving up," a brokenhearted Chris sighed. "I can't understand what is happening to my marriage, to my home. Something is missing: and, try as I will, I simply cannot find the key to make things work out right. The magic is gone. The romance is gone. The communication is gone. In their places now are arguments, questions, suspicions, innuendoes, cutting remarks."

I believe at one time or another, we all go down this road. A financial crisis staring right in our face. A home situation which tears our spirit apart.Children hurting us, or a child bringing anguish to us. Sickness or pain. Losing our jobs. Future looking scary and uncertain. Marriage in trouble. Death of a loved one leaving us depressed, lonely and empty. Divorce.

We feel overwhelmed. We tried so many ways to see it through, yet nothing seems to help. We grow tired of trying. We said to our heart, "I don'tknow what to do anymore."

In my own struggles, I've found great comfort and help in two wonderful absolutes. I turn to a higher power and find someone who cares enough to walk this journey with me. Love is the answer. Love is all that matters. When someone cares deep enough to go through the storms of life with you, just believe in yourself and the answers will come. Everyone has the power to live life to their fullest no matter what obstacle, no matter what difficulty. Be strong, don't quit and never give up, never ever give up!

The storms of life

No comments: