Friday, August 15, 2008

Children spell L-O-V-E as T-I-M-E

My brother's daughter, baby Lizbeth was born a couple of months ago. When I saw her in the hospital, she looked cute and angelic and my mind travelled back to when my ACE was a baby.

It seemed like just yesterday when Alexander Charles Er was two when I went out to work one morning and when I got home in the evening, he is NINE already.
Dr John Gray, the man who gave us "Men are from Mars, Women are from venus" also wrote another book: "Children are from heaven." And how apt is that title.
Children - they can be exhausting, maddening and irritating - but they are still a gift from heaven.
They can be funny, endearing and lovable - and truly fell like a gift. They can wrench your soul and break your heart - precisely because they are such a precious gift.
When I was born, bonding hadn't been invented yet. here's a little tip-off. A recent survey showed that few children feel unconditionally loved and cared for. And yet, it is also true that most parents deeply love their children.
The main reason is children does not measure love by the quality of time adults talk about. They measure how much you love them by how much time you spend you them.







baby lizbeth













ACE in '05












ACE in '06












ACE in '07
ACE in '08

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohmygosh!Seemed like it was only yesterday that we were trying to figure out how to fit ACE's cot into your bedroom!