Monday, July 12, 2010

Lost in VM

"Silly me, after working for 3 months, I realised that my phone still had the voicemail message of my predecessor," Lina confessed.

We have all gotten lost in voice mail systems that offer a long litany of options that don't fit our particular needs and that no instructions for connecting with a live person. We know how we felt about that service experience.


If I had my way, every guest should be treated as a VIP. That is, a very important and very individual person. I'd identify guests who need service attention, such as children and people with disabilities and design processes to ensure they get a positive service experience.

Bob's voicemail is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets

Hello, this is Death. I'm not in right now but if you leave your name and number, I'll be right with you

I can't come to the phone now because I have amnesia and I feel stupid talking to people I don't remember. I'll appreciate it if you could help me out by leaving my name and telling me something about myself. Tha nks

These words are lovely, dark and deep. But I've got promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep. So leave a message at the beep

No comments: