Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby steps of progress

"After 3 x 400m, I was panting like crazy," Shirley recounted. "Felt like dying already."

An important question to ask ourselves is "Am I making progress?" I have not had much experience with being perfect, but I have had considerable experience with making progress.

When we sense we are making progress, we tend to be filled with passion, energy, enthusiasm, purpose and a real and sustainable joy. Progress fills us with gratitute for now and hope for the future.

So, what is progress? Simply put, progress is moving toward a goal. Whether it is professionally or personally, in the area of health and well-being, perfonal finances, relationships, diet and exercise, or character and spirituality, we have an extraordinary ability to improve.

Baby steps are my secret. Small victories lead to large victories. My inner dialogue each day to myself is: "I am better today than I was yesterday."

No comments: