Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Time with loved ones

"Can you help me with an explanation for my science experiment?" ACE asked over the phone. "It's about density."

Looking back, I can tell you the thousands of hours my wife invested in our son and the considerable time I invested in him were not wasted. Our boy is worth every moment of it. Should you ask us what we would do differently if we had to start over, heres what I would say: I would do more of the things I did, spend more time with him, have far more family outings and vacations. I'd be a little more firm, a little more demanding and lots more loving and understanding.

In my opinion, a term invented by "experts" and used by many parents as well as husbands and wives is "quality time" They justified their lack of time with their kids or mate by using that phrase as an excuse for the limited time they spend with their loved ones

No comments: