Saturday, January 3, 2009

What kind of problem boss are you?

"Rogue employers who treat their workers shabbily" were listed as one of the Top Villains of 2008 by The new paper today.

A group of friends recently recalled a rogue's gallery of problem bosses: an alcoholic boss, several indecisive bosses, a couple of tyrants, one incompetent boss, a bunch of credit takers, a bully, a know-it-all and more.

Suddenly one of them blurted out," OK. What kind of problem boss are you?"

One of the benefits of doing a 360 degrees feedback appraisal is so that we can get that information from the people who've worked for and with us. They see us a whole lot differently than we see ourselves.

Over the years I've done much that I'm proud of. But I'm far from perfect and I've made some terrible mistakes when it comes to managing people. I don't like to admit it, but I've been a royal pain-in-the-butt to countless people.

Those who know me today might not think so now, but I've been as much as a problem boss to my staff as any of my bosses have been to me.

Back row from left: Leticia, Elly

Front row from left: Grace, Chloe, Flora, Stephie

No comments: