Sunday, January 18, 2009

The power of endurance

"When I first got the notice that I'll be laid off, I thought it was a joke," Vic said soberly. "Then when I realised it was for real, I felt devastated and hurt."

One thing in life is certain: its ever changing nature. The animals in the wild understand this well. After a lavish summer come the trying times of winter, then the spring follows.

Opportunity always exists within a crisis situation, but when we lose heart in a devastating crisis, we are blinded by our own emotions. Unless we endure and live through the dark of the night, we will not see the glory of daybreak.

Hard though it may be, I always strive to endure the hardships and tolerate the abuse. Everyone knows how to thrive in the good times. It is the trying times that separate the one who has the substance from the one who merely possesses the image. My experiences in life has taught me that "when God closes a door, He opens a window."

God is the toughest taskmaster I have known
He tries you through and through
When you find your faith or body is failing you
and you are sinking,
He comes to your assistance.
He proves to you that you must not lose your faith....
I cannot recall a single instance when,
at the eleventh hour, He has forsaken me.
- Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: