Friday, January 2, 2009

My key to trade show success

"Please do send me details of your appointments at ATF (Asean Tourism Forum)," Rob emailed. "I will then contact all the buyers again for you and try and get some more appointments."

I find that a trade show is probably one of the best place to rapidly get the information, knowledge and contacts I need to move my business to the lext level of success. I get to obtain competitive information, find out future plans and cut sweet deals at trade shows.

I always plan for a little free time to wander the aisles with the curiosity of a child. I find that sometimes, my best discoveries are new exhibitors with interesting ideas. I get to meet "difficult-to-get-an-appointment" customers at other exhibitors' booths as well.

I also get great intelligence information and make new contacts by going to the show parties. I would work the room, asking for introductions to key people and when I've exhausted the opportunities at that party, I move on to the next.
Lai Meng and Volker at a trade show in Berlin

No comments: