Thursday, March 10, 2011

We can change things

"Why some people have all the luck" That was the subject in an email sent to me by Chris. "Why do some people get all the luck while others never get the break they deserve?" so starts the article.

I am not naive. I don't believe that we can become anything that we want just because we choose to do it. I am not going to play for Manchester united. No matter how many positive thoughts I may have, Wayne Rooney and Nani have little to fear. We all have real physical, environmental, or mental limitations that we may never be able to overcome. My reserch has indicated that we will all grow old and die. We cannot wish physical reality away with positive thinking.

On the other hand, we can change things if we do not artificially limit ourselves. I have seen leaders make massive changes both in the way they treat others and the way they see themselves. We cn change both our behaviours and our identities. We can change to fit changing times. We can change to achieve higher goals.

No comments: