Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Never too much garlic

I visited Dracula's Castle (aka Bran Castle) in Translyvannia. There were hordes of souvenir stalls selling, false vampire teeth, black t-shirts, vampire wines and a good supply of fake garlic cloves at the foot of the hill.

I eat my share of garlic in recent years, and I've never seen any vampires near me, so maybe that herb keeps the bloodsuckers at bay.

Dr. Varro Tyler, a herbal expert says there is no question that garlic inhibits blood clotting. He says it is as potent a blood thinner as aspirin. And, regardless of advertisement claims by celebrities such as Larry King, my GP tells me it doesn't make much sense to spend my money on garlic supplements.

There's a saying: you can have too little garlic, enough garlic, but never too much garlic in your food. Will it help my heart as my doctor says? Maybe. Will it put a smile on my face? Absolutely!
Dracula's Castle (aka Bran's castle)

No comments: