Sunday, January 9, 2011

The scariest ride

ACE wrote about our trip to Universal Studios in his school journal yesterday.

I don't remember the day. There just came a time when he was too old for bedtime stories.

But the desire for exciting thrill never fades because now ACE and I go for rides like Tower of Terror and Jurassic Park.

It is life outside the amusement park that truly scares me - whether ACE is learning to cross the road for the first time on his own, going to Shanghai with his school class, dealing with tough kids at school, or making important life choices - all while I outwardly try to act serene and unruffled as I queitly bite my lip and pray like mad for him.

Parenthood is the scariest ride you can climb aboard. And we can't get back in line for another turn. Unlike my adventuresome bedtime stories, there is no guarantee of a safe and happy ending.

No comments: