Wednesday, May 26, 2010

me-1st-and-you-and-the-son-can-have-what's-left-over

May 29, 2010 has been set as Eat With your Family Day. This is a Singapore National movement serving as a reminder on the importance of having meals as a family.

Amazingly enough, many couples make time for just about everything - and everybody - but each other. I'll have to confess that I am possibly the most guilty person alive on this one, or at least I was very guilty. I still am to a degree, but not nearly as much as I was a few years ago.

In the past, when acquaintances or business associates would pass through town and say, "It's my only night here," or "I'm here for the next couple of days," I would expect my wife to "understand" that I had to see my friend or business associate.

Basically, it was a "me-1st-and-you-and-the-son-can-have-what's-left-over" approach to marriage.

I'm pleased to say that now, in most cases, I have my priorities in order and weigh the importance of the get together before accepting or turning it down.

No comments: