Monday, March 22, 2010

What drives me?

"Every great tree starts as a small seed," sang the graffitti artist in Prague.

Karl Heinz Rummenigge said in response to the European Champions League Quarter Final draw which pits Bayern Munich with Manchester United, "We will have to reach our limits and even exceed them."

In every job, the one thing that drives me most is the desire to find my limits - and extend them.

Over the years, I have discovered that virtually every internal limitation I have has been created by my own mind. My ability to achieve is magnified tremendously when I define "me" as my team and I. When I merge with a team of warriors, my fear fades and my capabilities increase geometrically. When I expand myself by "becoming one" with the team, I personally incorporate all the strength of my team members. When I add this collective strength to my own, I become virtually "superhuman."

No comments: