Thursday, November 12, 2009

I won't die when I retire

"I have a Gen Y heart," Karen revealed during the ACTA Prepare and facilitate Classroom Training course. "Trapped in a Gen X body"

The boredom of older people isn't so much the result of aging. Rather it is the result of loss of enthusiasm and interest in life. People are boring, not life. Boredom is a problem with even teenagers as it is with older people. The problem, the way I see it, is suffering from hardening of the attitudes, not hardening of the arteries.


I have decided that I will not be an "old man." I plan to live to 90 and die young. I am always going to be open to life and keep on learning something new, so when I finally die, I might be an educated man with some wisdom. I'm in my middle years and I'm using the time to set some growth goals for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear PEr Chronicles,

Some time ago, I left a comment on your blog regarding a linguistic research project but I didn't get any answer. Would you be interested or not? If you want to take part and/or have more questions, please drop me a note ( hack2301@uni-trier.de RE: Question ) so that I can then send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help. (And really, completing our questionnaire takes less than 5 min.)

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran