Saturday, October 17, 2009

Protecting the Top 20%

"Who would begrudge Giggs his 100th goal with the performance this the one today?" the commentator remarked in admiration during when Manchester United was leading Bolton 2-0

I always identify and nurture my top performers, because the most dangerous situation a company faces is losing the top 20% of its workforce - either when they leave the company or lose their motivation.

In 1 focus-group discussion about turnover which my HR friend was facilitating, one comment was noted: "If these great people are leaving, what does it say about me that I'm staying?" Sounds like he was troubled by the fact that he was staying.

I am a firm believer that to keep the best performers on my team, and get good financial results over the long run, I need to treat my team members well...especially my top 20%

No comments: