Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Earning trust

Stephen Covey has a book called "The Speed of Trust." "Trust me." We've all probably heard and even used that expression.

Trust is a critical factor of a leader's success. It's the mutual assurance of knowing if I go the extra mile for you, you will go the extra mile for me too. It cannot be demanded, but earned through action.

I am always self-conscious not to be arrogant nor superficial. I don't play games and I am not a powermonger. I am real and that's how I project myself. I demonstrate that I care about the people who work for me by asking for their thoughts and opinions, listening to what they have to say, and then take whatever constructive action required.

It pays dividends. Trust me.

standing: Diah and Diah; seated: Jades and Grace




No comments: