Friday, January 1, 2016

Try a little kindness

The Academy Awards is in two months time while the Olympics takes place in eight. I am hard pressed to remember the names of the winners of the previous Oscars and Olympics.

Whether or not we recall the names of the winners of the previous Academy Awards or Summer Olympics, I bet you are like me in the ability to remember the names of two favorite teachers, or friends who stood by us and/or inspired us.

We remember the ones who cared.

I have been reminded recently that acts of kindness close the circle of life and connects us to others. What we do for ourselves dies with us, but what we do for others are held in others' hearts and memories long after we have passed from this earth.

This year, I am determined to do the little things that make a big difference, to bring joy into the my life, and to the lives of others.

No comments: