Saturday, January 30, 2016

Be in the present

Peggy published a post on LinkedIn about being a mother and a business leader, titled "Mom, are you going away again?"

Life is about love. I am a firm believer that we should find what we love and do it. For many people, the only obstacle between them and work they can feel passionate about is financial commitment. Then you would have to ask yourself, if you are willing to adjust your lifestyle.

I love my life and I would never trade it for anyone else's. I have found something that I am passionate about. I get to do what I love and for that I am grateful. I have work that I can throw myself into with passion, energy and enthusiasm, and I am infinitely aware of how rare that is.

Is everything about my work life perfect? Of course it isn't. There are a lot of airports, security threats and the glamour of travel wears off very quickly. There's also the being away and missing your loved ones and children

Hence the acute need to be truly in the present when we spend time with our children. By engaging our minds with our kids, we let our children know that we love and respect them and are interested in what they say. With children it's the little things that count - like asking about a sore finger or reading a story at night. However, too often we are more interested in making our own points than in really hearing what our children are saying.

After all, Mother Teresa did say, "We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."

No comments: